Click here to view UP Baguio's press release on The University's Socialized Tuition System (STS)
1) INFORMATION on SCHOLARSHIP:
The University gives recognition to students with outstanding academic performance. Starting the first semester 1991-92, the U.P. Oblation Scholarship has been awarded to the top fifty UPCAT qualifiers. The benefits of the U.P. Oblation Scholarship include free tuition, miscellaneous and laboratory fees, semestral book subsidy, incentive allowance per month and transportation allowance. The recipient can enjoy the U.P. Oblation Scholarship throughout the normal length of time required to finish his chosen degree program except for INTARMED Program when only years I-IV will be supported.
A number of scholarships, study grants, and awards donated by government and private companies or individuals, are also available from the University. Most are intended for fnancially needy students, while some are awarded in recognition of outstanding academic performance.
Students can avail of the benefits under the STS program only after admission and enrollment in U.P. For additional information, call the Office of Scholarships and Student Services, U.P. Baguio, at (074) 446-5230.
2. HOW TO CLAIM REFUND:
(kapag bumaba ang inyong bayarin dahil sa pagkakabago ng inyong STS Tuition Discount o Bracket, o dahil sa nagbayad na ang scholarship sponsors ninyo sa U.P. Baguio.
- Accomplish Refund Form (clich HERE to download Refund Form)
- Attach photocopy Form 5 - (Kung anong semester ang ipapa-refund; ganundin ang mga attachments ex. 2nd semester AY2013-2014, ang i-attach ay Form 5 at mga resibo(original copies) ng 2nd Semester AY 2013-2014.)
- Attach Official Receipts- Original Copy/ies - hindi pwede ang photocopy. Kung nawala ang mga resibo maaaring mag-request sa Cash Office ng Certification na ikaw ay nakabayad na. Ipakita ninyo sa Cash Office ang petsa, OR Number at halaga na inyong naibayad. (Makikita ito sa inyong Form 5)
- Attach photocopy of UP ID - write your contact number
⇒ Staple documents na naka-ayos na ayon sa pagkakasunod sa list ng requirements at ilagay sa kahon na nasa countertop ng Office of Student Affairs (OSA).
3) STS Announcement
The Socialized Tuition System (STS) shall replace the Socialized Tuition and Financial Assistance Program (STFAP). Similar to STFAP, the STS prescribes the tuition rates applicable to undergraduate students who will enroll in AY 2014-2015. To determine these rates, students must log-in to STS Online (sts.up.edu.ph) using their PINs (for Freshmen and New Students) and UP Accounts (for Upperclassmen). The STS Office will release the results of all applications before the start of the academic year.
All undergraduate students, who will enroll in the 1st semester AY 2014-2015, must log-in to STS Online and to accomplish the online application form, if they wish to apply for tuition discounts.
» APPLICATION AND APPEAL PERIOD FOR UPPERCLASSMEN AND OTHER STUDENTS
|FRESHMEN AND NEW STUDENTS|
|June 9||Release of STS Application results of June Batch|
|Jun 2 - 15||STS Appeal period for Freshmen and New Students (April, May,and June 2014 batch)|
|June 16-22||STS Application period for UP Baguio and UP Diliman|
|June 27-28||STS Application period for UP Baguio and UP Diliman|
|June 30||Release of STS Application results of Upperclassmen|
|July 1-21||STS Appeal period for Upperclassmen|
» STS ONLINE ACCESS FOR 2ND BATCH AND UPPERCLASSMEN
STS application period for 2nd Batch (Freshmen and New Students) will end May 30, 2014. View results when you log in using your Student No. and 5-digit PIN.
STS Office online access for 2nd Batch Freshmen and New students (without PINs) will be issued new PINs to log-in at sts.up.edu.ph. The PINs can be used for STS Online applications only. Your pin will be given to you through email or through mobile phone.
STS Office online access for Upperclassmen must use respective UP Mail account ( )
⇒ You can get usernames and initial passwords by:
- visiting System Network Office, UP Baguio.
- In case their office is close, proceed to the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) and show ID and latest form 5. Give name, id number, active alternate email address and mobile phone number/s.
- You may also get your username and initial password through email using , however you need to attach scanned copy of your latest form 5 and ID. Indicate too your mobile number/s.
⇒ If you need to reset your password or retrieve accounts, you may contact the eUP helpdesk at (02) 376-3100 or . Send scanned copy of latest Form 5 and UP IDs for identity verification. You can also visit the eUP helpdesk at Room 308, 3/F Vidal A. Tan Hall, UP Diliman, Quezon City or visit http://e.up.edu.ph/general-mail-faq/ for more information about UP Mail.
4) Requirements for TUITION FEE LOAN APPLICATION
1. Get Tuition Fee Loan Application form from the Office of Scholarship and Financial Assistance (duplicate) or download here
- The guarantor (co-debtor) must be the PARENTS or RELATIVES or GUARDIAN of the student
- Attach to loan application form a photocopy of ID with signature of co-debtor & student in single page paper